DISGUSTED residents of a South Belfast street have been left counting the cost after their properties were flooded with sewage twice in a few days. Residents of Sicily Park off the upper Lisburn Road say they have lost faith with NI Water after sudden heavy showers on Monday saw their homes flooded
Community groups are planning to leaflet pensioners’ homes to highlight home safety in the wake of the fire tragedy in which a 90-year-old Twinbrook pensioner died. The blaze broke out at the woman’s Laburnum Green home in the early hours of last Wednesday morning.
South Belfast has seen over 700 hoax calls to the fire service in the past five years, the highest number in any area of Northern Ireland.
A DISABLED Poleglass man said “I’ve lost my independence” after a firework ignited a fierce blaze at his home destroying his vital mobility scooter.56-year-old Michael Bailey from Laurelbank, who suffers from multiple sclerosis, stored his mobility scooter in an outdoor shed that was reduced to just a blackened shell by the devastating Halloween night fire.